Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm a planner. Ask any of my family members or friends... I plan pretty much everything I can. I enjoy planning events and outings and anything else you could think of. The first thing I did before every new semester in college was spend an entire night color coordinating and labeling all of my folders, binders, and notebooks. One of my professors actually said in a speech at our graduation send-off that the way I took notes made him feel unprepared, and he was teaching the class... You get the point, being organized makes me happy.

My sister knows this and gifted us with a big binder specifically for wedding planning within a few hours of our engagement. This binder is full of information on everything you could ever want to know (and probably some you don't want to know) about wedding planning. Ours has lots of room for note taking, vendor comparison, and pocket folders for storing all the piles of information we were about to have sent our way.

 {source}

I also have a notebook planner, my ipod touch, and my cell phone that I make sure to add all of my appointments and reminders in. There's no way I'll forget things if they're in three places right? I sure hope so.

So when you're ready to dive in to the planning stage of your engagement I suggest checking out your local book store for an organizer that will work for you.

Also, we are loving using theknot.com as a resource. We have been able to manage our guest list, organize ideas and inspirations, get info from local couples on the forums for our area, budget, and use the check list feature. AND it's free!

So thats:
1.Get an organizer
2. Write everything down (on paper and electronically)
3. Check out wedding planning websites as a resource

-Bride





No comments:

Post a Comment